Ponte Winery Shipping Policy
Order Processing Times
- Please allow 2 business days to process your order to ship.
- Orders placed after 12:00pm PST are processed to ship the following business day.
- Delivery of the package depends on the distance from our winery and the day and time the order was received.
- All orders are shipped Monday through Thursday and delivered Monday through Friday.
- Orders are shipped through UPS Ground, unless expedited shipping or FedEx is specified.
- We do not offer International sales or shipping at this time.
- Orders containing more than 1 Magnum, 12 bottles (1 case), or 36 lbs. will be shipped in 2 or more separate packages.
UPS cannot deliver wine to P.O. Boxes, so please provide a physical address where someone 21 or older can sign for the wine.
- All packages containing alcohol must be signed for upon delivery by an adult (21 years of age or older). UPS will not leave packages containing alcohol on one's door step, even if the recipient has requested this.
- UPS will attempt to deliver packages containing alcohol 3 times before sending it back to Ponte Winery. Ponte Winery is not responsible for additional shipping charges.
- If a package returns, please contact the Wine Club and Online Store Department at their direct line, 951-252-1780. A re-shipping fee will be applied to all orders that are reshipped.
- Once your order has been processed and a change of address is required while in route, a charge of $22.00 will be applied to the order.
Hot & Cold Weather Advisory
During hot weather (90 degrees and above) and cold weather (32 degrees and below), there is a high chance the wine will be damaged in transit. In the instance you would like wine to be shipped to an area affected by these conditions, we highly recommend selecting the Next Day Air shipping option. Ponte Winery is not liable for any packages damaged due to hot or cold weather.
Shipping Restrictions & Order Limits
Due to many state and local laws, Ponte Winery is only able to ship wine to the states listed below. Some restrictions to states, zip codes and/or ordering limits are also below. These laws do not affect shipping of Non-Wine Products. We will be happy to ship orders not containing wine to any U.S. destination.
The laws regarding the direct shipment of wine are constantly changing. For more information and a state by state analysis of direct shipping laws, please visit the Wine Institute site.
* Please note: Limits are in addition to Wine Club shipments.
Ponte Winery Shipment by State Status
- Alaska - Some zip codes are prohibited. Ponte will contact the guest if a certain shipping zip code is prohibited.
- Arizona – 12 cases per person, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- California - No Limit.
- Colorado - No Limit. No Vernaccia Nera.
- District of Columbia - Limit of 1 case per person, per month.
- Florida - No Limit. No shipping to Lafayette, Liberty and Washington Counties.
- Georgia - 12 cases per household, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Hawaii - Limit of 6 cases per household, per year.
- Idaho - Limit of 24 cases per person, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Illinois - Limit of 12 cases per person, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Indiana - Some limits apply. Ponte will contact guest if limit is exceeded. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Iowa - No Limit. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Kansas - Limit of 12 cases per address, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Louisiana - Limit of 12 cases per person, per year. Only 750 mL bottles, no Magnums, no Port, no Vernaccia Nera.
- Maine - Limit of 12 cases per address, per year. Only 750 mL bottles, no Magnums, no Port, no Vernaccia Nera.
- Maryland - Limit of 18 cases per address, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Massachusetts - 12 cases per person, per year.
- Minnesota - 2 cases per person, per year.
- Missouri - Limit of 2 cases per person, per month. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Nebraska - Limit of 12 cases per person, per year.
- Nevada - Limit of 12 cases per person, per year.
- New Hampshire - Limit of 12 cases per person, per year. Shipping to Ellsworth, NH prohibited.
- New Mexico - Limit of 2 cases per person, per month.
- New York - Limit of 36 cases per person, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- North Carolina - Limit of 2 cases per person, per month.
- North Dakota - Limit of 3 cases per person, per month.
- Ohio - Limit of 24 cases per address, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Ohio residents please note the following: On July 19, 2005, a US District Judge declared Ohio's previous law prohibiting interstate wine shipments to be unconstitutional. At that time, it became legal for a winery to ship unlimited amounts of wine to Ohio consumers via common carrier. One provision of this decision is that local residents must file an Ohio Excise and Use Tax Filing along with the required payment of tax for every shipment. As the form states; all taxes due to the state of Ohio are required to be paid within 30 days of the receipt of your shipment.
- Oregon - Limit of 2 cases per person, per month.
- South Carolina - Limit of 2 cases per person, per month. Wine over 15% ABV prohibited. No Port.
- Texas - Limit of 9 gallons per person, per month, not to exceed 23 gallons per person, per year. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Virginia - Limit of 2 cases per person, per month.
- Washington - No Limit. No Vernaccia Nera.
- Wisconsin - Limit of 12 cases per person, per year.
- Wyoming - Limit of 36 liters per address, per 12-month period per address. No Vernaccia Nera.
Persons must be 21 years of age or older to view www.pontewinery.com or visit our Online Store at shop.pontewinery.com. By entering our website you verify that you are legally able to consume alcohol and understand all the risks (health, legal and other) that may occur by doing so.
Wine will only be purchased and delivered to persons who are at least 21 years of age. By placing an order, you validate that you and the person who accepts delivery will be 21 years of age or older. When your wine is delivered, the person accepting delivery may be required to show identification. Wine will not be delivered to a visibly intoxicated person.
Return and Refund Policy
Return of Package
If you are unable to sign for your package on any of the 3 delivery attempts, UPS will return your package back to the winery. You have the option to have the package held for pick up or reshipped for an additional fee. If 2 or more shipments return within a 6 month period, return shipping costs will also be applied. Please contact us directly at 951-252-1780 or 951-694-8855 for any questions or concerns regarding delivery.
Refund of Package
The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and as federal law states, alcoholic beverages can only be returned or exchanged if the product is spoiled, deteriorated or contaminated.
Once your Wine Club Shipment, Online Store or Tasting Room Order has been processed and a change of address is required while in route, a one time complimentary reroute will be honored. Please contact the Wine Club and Shipping Department at 951-252-1780 directly. All future reroutes, after the one time complimentary reroute, a charge of $22.00 will be applied to the order.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Your personal information will only be used by Ponte Winery and its affiliates and will not be sold or shared with any other third party.
We at Ponte Family Estate understand your concerns about the security of online transactions. Therefore, our site is equipped with the most advanced Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology available to ensure the privacy of any information you submit through this site.